What is Seriguela Font?
Seriguela is an ultra condensed sans serif typeface with a unique personality. It comes in normal and display versions, each with 9 weights, as well as italics and reverse italics totaling 54 fonts.
Seriguela is flavor in motion and each part of its system works together to captivate you, combining emotion and usability, allowing you to create attractive and unique designs.
Seriguela followed a very distinctive recipe to design its alphabet: it started with a grotesque base and applied movement and joy in a very original way. The blacker and more contrasted, the tastier.
The contrast in its display version is one of the most important features of Seriguela: the unconventional relationship between thick and thin lines, as it does not strictly follow any historical model of contrast construction and makes it noticeable. Its high contrast is not present in every single character and it is often in the “wrong” places.
The original charm of Seriguela is maintained throughout all its styles. With peculiar details: the verticality and its proportions, as well as terminals that resemble hooks in some curves, a characteristic that breaks with the vertical modular rhythm.
Seriguela is a versatile font system, designed primarily for display uses with a need of visual impact.
Who Designed Seriguela Font?
Seriguela font was designed by Sofia Mohr.
Her work inspiration is usually related to her personal experiences. Being Brazilian and living in a different country (Chile), has always pushed her in trying to rescue aspects of her own culture, allowing her to feel closer to her origins. It might be the aroma of an expresso coffee, or the wildlife of the amazon rainforest, even more personal experiences of Sofia’s childhood, that she tries to re-interpret through font design.
The first font she designed was Café Brasil, specially done as part of her font design diploma at the Universidad Católica de Chile.
This work was after selected as part of the 2014 Latin American typography biennial, receiving great feedback overall, motivating her to continue learning and consider font design as a full time profession.
Calligraphy has been an important part of her learning process, helping to incorporate a more personal touch to what she does. This method was specially important in fonts like Amazônia, Sofia’s first brush pen font, which required a wild organic stroke.
Other Fonts Designed by Sofia Mohr
Seriguela Font Family:
· Seriguela Thin
· Seriguela Thin Italic
· Seriguela Thin Reverse Italic
· Seriguela Extra Light
· Seriguela Extra Light Italic
· Seriguela Extra Light Reverse Italic
· Seriguela Light
· Seriguela Light Italic
· Seriguela Light Reverse Italic
· Seriguela Regular
· Seriguela Regular Italic
· Seriguela Regular Reverse Italic
· Seriguela Medium
· Seriguela Medium Italic
· Seriguela Medium Reverse Italic
· Seriguela Semi Bold
· Seriguela Semi Bold Italic
· Seriguela Semi Bold Reverse Italic
· Seriguela Bold
· Seriguela Bold Italic
· Seriguela Bold Reverse Italic
· Seriguela Black
· Seriguela Black Italic
· Seriguela Black Reverse Italic
· Seriguela Poster
· Seriguela Poster Italic
· Seriguela Poster Reverse Italic
· Seriguela Display Thin
· Seriguela Display Thin Italic
· Seriguela Display Thin Reverse Italic
· Seriguela Display Extra Light
· Seriguela Display Extra Light Italic
· Seriguela Display Extra Light Reverse Italic
· Seriguela Display Light
· Seriguela Display Light Italic
· Seriguela Display Light Reverse Italic
· Seriguela Display Regular
· Seriguela Display Regular Italic
· Seriguela Display Regular Reverse Italic
· Seriguela Display Medium
· Seriguela Display Medium Italic
· Seriguela Display Medium Reverse Italic
· Seriguela Display Semi Bold
· Seriguela Display Semi Bold Italic
· Seriguela Display Semi Bold Reverse Italic
· Seriguela Display Bold
· Seriguela Display Bold Italic
· Seriguela Display Bold Reverse Italic
· Seriguela Display Black
· Seriguela Display Black Italic
· Seriguela Display Black Reverse Italic
· Seriguela Display Poster
· Seriguela Display Poster Italic
· Seriguela Display Poster Reverse Italic